12/29/2011

2012 Predictions

It's that time of year again where we all reflect back on the year gone by and make bold outrageous predictions of the incoming new year... Reading my twitter feed and various financial gurus with their infinite wisdom predicting where markets will be in 2012, it seems either the world will be ending or everything will be fixed and we will all be rich and geniuses again... 

Reflecting back on 2011, I'd like to punch fucking calendars in the cocksucker when I think back of all the successes I've squandered and the missed opportunities because I let the noise from the asshats on CNBC or other fucktards in main stream media dictate my emotions and judgment erring on numerous occasions on the side of diligence and safety instead of pure greed like I should...

But these are troubled times and markets just aren't right at the moment...during a financial crisis like the one we are facing now, logic and fundamentals do not exist and moronic volatility reigns supreme hence panic selling and buying.

90% of the stock market is controlled by institutions and professionals working for the world's largest investment firms and banks. They are deeply committed and vastly well prepared. They hire the smartest people in the world that work their asses off all day long; It doesn’t matter where these traders work – they may be on banks, mutual funds, hedge funds, or HFT shops – they employ an array of professional staff and technological tools to give themselves a significant edge. With billions at risk, they deploy anything that gives them even a slight advantage.

Guys like me are armed only with an outdated PC, an internet connection, and CNBC muted in the background; we as investors face daunting odds. We are at a tactical disadvantage, outmanned and outgunned in every which way compared to the pros... And when they panic, we had better pay fucking attention. We go way the fuck down then way the fuck up. Rinse and repeat. It is truly Armageddon for small time retail traders like myself...

I don't expect anyone to have the mental capacity to understand the bullets I dodge everyday, Matrix style... but understand this: I absolutely refuse to live within this Alberta bubble... I cannot bring myself to stand idly by like everyone else and think my line of credit IS my emergency fund and any available credit is counted as part of my net worth; I cannot dump every penny into a home ignorant to declare real estate here will go UP forever just because "we're different here" as compared to everywhere else in the whole fucking world...

My prediction for 2012?

The world will NOT end in 2012. You'll only wish it would. Especially those of you that are highly leveraged, in debt, and have no clue of what I rant about on a daily basis...

No comments: