9/17/2012

So Why Did I Buy the iPhone 5?



Recent press releases from AT& T and Apple says they are selling stupid as fuck amounts of the new iPhone 5 in the past few days.. Luckily I got my pre-order within the first hour.. So why am I getting the 5? Especially since I upgraded to the 4S barely 11 months ago?

Sure.. the new iPhone will have 4G LTE speeds, a bigger screen, more memory, etc. etc. You don't need me to give you all the specs... Google it.

I'm don't really see myself as a fanboy, more of a fan-old fucker nowadays but I do still enjoy my nerdy tech gadgets.. but that's not it.

And I quit trying to impress my peers eons ago... plus they're all still into their granite countertops and stainless steel appliances up here in Canada anyways.. so that's not it either...

I was parked outside the supermarket the other day while the wife ran inside to pick up a few things. Not 10 seconds after I park, some dirty old street person walks up to my car and taps on my window to ask me if I had any spare change so he can catch a bus. I roll down the window partially to tell him "Sorry pal, no change, now get the fuck away from my window..."

He then walks away from my vehicle to meet up with another street person working the other side of the parking lot; the other guy must've been a colleague by the way he was pushing the shopping carts full of bottles and garbage bags... I kept a watchful eye on them for a bit as I've heard in the news some of these vagabonds may vandalize your car or get violent sometimes when they don't get any spare change...

Much to my surprise, both reach into their overcoats and pull out cel phones and start texting like a couple of crazy teenagers with Crackberries... Not only did they have cel phones, they were both using iPhone 4's; I can tell not only by the recognizable Otterbox they had protecting them but because that's the kind of psychopath that I am...

Being an AAPL shareholder, I was quite elated that they had iPhones but like fuck if some dirty motherfucking vagrant clad in a burlap sack begging for fucking bus fare is gonna have a nicer phone than me!!!

Nevermind trying to keep up with the fucking Joneses, it's all about staying ahead of the dirty vagabonds these days...

Disclaimer: Got the black/slate 64GB iPhone 5... should be here Friday..and lineups are for suckers. And vagabonds.


Vagabonds in line for the new iPhone 5...
   

In all honesty, I could use a 10% pullback in AAPL here... that way I can go from stupid as fuck long to retarded as fuck longer...

Good Luck in all your trades.

No comments: